The ASGPP library contains a collection of books and articles that lay out the central ideas of psychodrama. Stay tuned as the library is expanding as new articles and books are being added to the collection.
- Psychodrama Volume I By Jacob Levy Moreno (ASGPP Psychodrama Press, 2019).
- The Warm-Up Box By Carl Hollander (ASGPP Psychodrama Press, 2017).
- Jacob Levy Moreno 1889-1974 By René Marineau (ASGPP Psychodrama Press, 2014).
Free/donated books to read or download:
- Healing from the Inside Out. Affirmations and Coloring Pages for COVID‐19 Days by Tian Dayton, PhD, TEP
- Maintaining Emotional Sobriety During COVID-19 by Tian Dayton, PhD, TEP
- Social Work, Sociometry, & Psychodrama: Experiential Approaches for Group Therapists, Community Leaders, and Social Workers by Scott Giacomucci, DSW, LCSW, BCD, FAAETS, CP/PAT
- Cycles of Healing: Creating Our Paths to Wholeness by John Raven Mosher, MA, TEP
- Who Shall Survive? Foundations of Sociometry, Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama by J. L. Moreno, MD, 2nd edition (Beacon, NY: Beacon House:1953).
- Training Therapeutic Assistants for Psychodrama: Introduction from Psychodrama Training Tips by G. Douglas Warner, PhD, Maryland Psychodrama Institute, Hagerstown, Maryland: 1975, pp. i-xiv.
- Adam Blatner, MD, TEP has made available for FREE download the following 3 books: Acting-In: Practical Applications of Psychodramatic Methods; Foundations of Psychodrama: History, Theory, and The Art of Play: Helping Adults Reclaim Imagination and Spontaneity (co-author Allee Blatner) Click Here
Bibliography of Psychodrama© Inception to Now by James M. Sacks and Michael Wieser
A Concise Introduction to Psychodrama, Sociodrama and Sociometry by Herb Propper, PhD, TEP.
Introduction to Sociogram Construction Dr. Carl E. Hollander, Carl E. Hollander, Inc. (no date available for print).
Auxiliary Ego Development Dr. Carl E. Hollander, Carl E. Hollander, Inc. (no date available for print).
Auxiliary Ego Tips – Psychodrama Training Tips by G. Douglas Warner, PhD, Maryland Psychodrama Institute, Hagerstown, MD.- 1975- pp 1-9.
Directing Tips – Psychodrama Training Tips by G. Douglas Warner, PhD, Maryland Psychodrama Institute, Hagerstown, MD.- 1975- pp 14-26.
The Self-Disclosure Aspect of the Psychodrama Sharing Session by Alton Barbour, PhD, TEP, Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama, Vol. XXV, No. 4, 1972, pp. 132-138.
The Letter by Jim Sacks, PhD, TEP, Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama, Vol. XXVII, No. 1-4, 1974, pp. 184-190.
Social Support and Depression by Alton Barbour, PhD, TEP, Paper presented to the Group Research Section of the 15th International Congress of the International Association of Group Psychotherapy, Istanbul, Turkey, August 25-29, 2003.
Living Experiences with Death ¨C A Journeyman’s View Through Psychodrama by Hannah B. Weiner, MA, Omega: Journal of Death and Dying,Volume 6, No. 3, 1975, pp. 251-274. With permission from Baywood Publishing, Amityville, NY, www.baywood.com.
Redemptive Encounter: Its Use in Encounter, Ancestral Sociodrama and Community Building by Clare Danielsson, PhD, TEP, Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama, Volume XXV, No. 4, 1972, pp. 170-181.
Warm-Up and Sum-Up by Hannah B. Weiner, MA & James Sacks, PhD, Group Psychotherapy, Vol. XXII, No. 1-2, 1969, pp. 85-102.
A Literature Review of Psychodrama by Rebecca M. Ridge, PhD, TEP – May 6, 2010 – Excerpted from Doctoral dissertation, Union Institute and University.
- Videos by Scott Giacomucci, DSW, LCSW, BCD, FAAETS, CP/PAT
- ASGPP Videos Follow and view more videos on ASGPP’s on Youtube.
What is Psychodrama? Nan Nally-Seif, LCSW, TEP and Jacob Gershoni, LCSW, TEP Psychodrama Training Institute / a division of the Sociometric Institute of NY
The Experience of Psychodrama Robert Siroka, PhD Sociometric Institute (1975)
TEDxConejo 2012 – Psychodrama: Voices Together Jean Campbell, LCSW, CET III, TEP (2012)
Psychodrama with Adolescents Worldwide Forrest Seymour / Mario Cossa (2008)
Zerka Moreno, TEP, Psychodrama Video Excerpt – Psychodrama in Action Watch the full video at: https://www.psychotherapy.net/video/zerka-moreno-psychodrama
Book trailer for “Impromptu Man: J.L. Moreno and the Origins of Psychodrama, Encounter Culture, and the Social Network” Jonathan J. Moreno, PhD (2014)
Psychodrama Workshop Tian Dayton, PhD, TEP (2013)
Additional videos by Tian Dayton are available on her Video Gallery
From A to Zerka Sergio Guimaraes (2009)
From A to Zerka” – one year later Sergio Guimaraes (2010)
Additional Zerka & psychodrama videos by Sergio Guimaraes are available on his YouTube site (Zerka Moreno with Reversing Roles, Dreaming with Zerka, etc.)
Living Moreno – 1 (Slide show of J. L. Moreno) Sergio Guimaraes
Jacob Moreno Psychodrama Video Excerpt – Psychodrama of a Marriage JL Moreno, MD (1964)
JL Moreno, MD – Words of the Father (1963) partial interview
- Psychodrama: A transformational and innovative technique Magdalene Jeyarathnam
Human Caring In Troubled Times by Dorothy Satten, PhD, TEP – Keynote speech, 61st Annual Conference in Santa Fe, NM, Friday, May 17, 2003.
Neuroscience and Psychodrama Validating the Mind/Body Approach of Psychodrama by Tian Dayton, PhD, TEP – The opening plenary speech at the 64th Annual Conference in San Francisco, CA, April 28, 2006.
- Dare to be Happy: Psychodrama and the Power of Positive Psychology By Daniel Tomasulo, PhD, TEP, MFA, MAPP – Keynote speech at the 72nd Annual ASGPP Conference in San Francisco, April 5, 2014.
You Can’t Say That Anath Garber, MA, TEP, PDD interviewed by Grammy Award-winning actress Tonya Pinkins on the Broadway Podcast Network
Web Resources and Related Links
- American Board of Examiners of Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy www.psychodramacertification.org
- American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA) www.agpa.org
- North American Drama Therapy Association (NADT) www.nadt.org
- National Coalition of Creative Arts Therapies Associations (NCCATA) www.nccata.org
- International Association for Group Psychotherapy and Group Processes (IAGP) www.iagp.com
- Brazilian Association of Psychodrama & Sociodrama (ABPS) http://www.abps.com.br/
- Group Psychotherapy Resource Guide http://www.group-psychotherapy.com/
- The Association for Specialists in Group Work (ASGW) http://www.asgw.org/
- Psychodrama Resources http://www.blatner.com/adam/pdntbk/resources.htm
- Australian & Aotearoa New Zealand Psychodrama Association (ANZPZ) http://anzpa.org/
- Group Psychology & Group Psychotherapy-Div 49-(APA) http://www.apa.org/about/division/div49.aspx
- British Psychodrama Association (BPA) http://www.psychodrama.org.uk/index.php
Group & Creative Arts Programs: Colleges and Universities
- West Chester University http://courses.wcupa.edu/ttreadwe/pdrama/
- Lesley University http://www.lesley.edu/phd/expressive-therapies/
- Southwestern College https://www.swc.edu/applying-to-certificate-specialty-programs/applied-interpersonal-neurobiology/
- University of Haifa International School http://cat.haifa.ac.il
- University of Worcester, England http://www.worcester.ac.uk/courses/psychodrama-psychotherapy-msc.html