TERMS & PROCESS FOR OBTAINING RIGHTS TO
TRANSLATE WORKS OF DR. J.L. MORENO
As stated in the Transfer of Copyright (2001), Zerka Moreno transferred and assigned copyrights (both domestic and international) of the works of J.L. Moreno’s listed below to The American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama (ASGPP). The ASGPP has the right to register the copyright in their own name and has the exclusive right to dispose of the copyright in any way it sees fit.
The ASGPP is pleased to consider applications from individuals, groups or organizations seeking the right to translate the works of J.L. Moreno (hereafter the “Work” or “Works”) from English to another language, and to publish the works in print or online. The ASGPP will review requests and, if accepted, will extend permission to undertake the translation(s) through a Copyright Translation License Agreement. Please review the terms and process below. If you are interested in translating one or more of Dr. Moreno’s works, please complete an application form at
The Works of J. L. Moreno included in the copyright are:
- The First Psychodramatic Family
- Psychodrama, Volume II & III
- Hypnosis & Psychodrama
- Sociometry, Experimental Method and the Science of Society
- Sociometry and the Science of Man
- The Words of the Father
- Theater of Spontaneity
- Group Psychotherapy: A Symposium
- The Sociometry Reader
- The Autobiography of J. L. Moreno
- Sociometry, A Journal of Inter-personal Relations (18 volumes)
- The International Handbook of Sociometry (7 issues)
- Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama, and Sociometry (33) volumes
- And all other works published under the Imprint of Beacon House
Copyright and Translation Licensing Terms
- The standard licensing fee is $1000 USD.
- A $250 USD non-refundable license application fee is due at the time of application, payable via credit card on the ASGPP website. Upon approval of application and signing of a Copyright Translation License Agreement, the $250 USD application fee will be applied to the $1,000 USD licensing fee.
- The balance of the $1000 USD licensing fee ($750 USD) is due following approval of the application and at the time a Copyright Translation License Agreement is signed. It is a violation of international copyright law to publish any of the identified works without a license.
- Translation and publishing of the specified work(s) must be completed within twelve (12) months of the date of execution of a Copyright Translation License Agreement.
- Copyright Translation License Agreements are granted for a 5-year term unless a new edition is published. Licensees need to notify the ASGPP in advance if a new edition is planned.
- The Copyright Translation License Agreement is an exclusive one for the publishing of the specified Work(s) in the language requested unless an exclusive license has already been granted to another party. To confirm that a license is still available, send an email to email@example.com with the Subject, Availability of Copyright Translation License Agreement – (Insert Country Name).
- Royalty payments of 10% on all sales, both print and online eBooks, are due to ASGPP annually up to December 31 each year, showing copies and sales and provided to Licensor together with payment of any sums due within 3 months thereafter. Options for payment of royalties will be communicated upon a signed licensing agreement.
- If a publisher requires additional documentation from ASGPP for tax or other purposes, any costs incurred by ASGPP will be billed to the publisher.
- Translation must be performed by at least two translation professionals who are fluent in both English and the language into which the work is to be translated and have experience in the fields of both Psychodrama and Psychotherapy, Psychology or Social Sciences. One professional will serve as the principal translator and the second
professional will serve as the reviewer to ensure the translation is accurate and complete.
- A description of the translation strategy as well as the marketing and distribution plan must be provided in the application.
- A copy of the final draft of the translation must be provided to ASGPP in advance of publication.
Please email any questions about the process and terms to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject,
Availability of Copyright Translation License Agreement – (Insert Country Name).