ASGPP Student Membership Scholarship Opportunity
The American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama (ASGPP) is pleased to announce the opportunity to welcome students to the organization through a scholarship for a one-year membership. This scholarship will provide students access to ASGPP, the psychodrama community and the latest activities occurring in the promotion of Psychodrama nationally and internationally.
About Psychodrama: Conceived and developed by Jacob L. Moreno, MD, psychodrama employs guided dramatic action to examine problems or issues raised by an individual (psychodrama) or raised through a group theme (sociodrama). Using experiential methods, sociometry, role theory, and group dynamics, psychodrama facilitates insight, personal growth, and integration on cognitive, affective, and behavioral levels. It clarifies issues, increases physical and emotional well-being, enhances learning, and helps the development of new skills. It is broadly applicable to many fields and its methods are used in psychotherapy, education, law, organizational development, medical education, and communication training.
About ASGPP: Founded in 1942 by Dr. Jacob Levy Moreno, MD (1889-1974), ASGPP, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is the first and oldest organization in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy in the United States as well as internationally. The culture of our organization is unique. It has been expanded by generations of professionals and supporters of action and experiential methods. The ASGPP promotes cultural sensitivity along with best practices. It welcomes and supports national and international members.
Criteria for Eligibility:
● Is not a current or previous member of the ASGPP.
● Is currently enrolled in their first graduate degree program (master’s level/doctoral graduate student),
● Is in good academic standing.
How to Apply:
● Complete Membership Scholarship Application Form and submit together with resume or Curriculum Vitae https://forms.gle/
● Attach completed “Faculty Verification Form” to the application https://forms.gle/
Benefits of ASGPP Student Membership:
● Monday night virtual Support Group (7:00 – 8:30 pm EST) at no-cost.
● Free registration to one of the online trainings offered during the membership period.
● Registration discounts for other ASGPP-sponsored conferences, trainings, and on-line symposia. These trainings offer opportunities to learn from trainers, practitioners, and students from around the world.
● Discounts on marketing opportunities for advertising in the on-line conference brochure, and on-line training directory.
● Ability to vote in all Society elections.
● Ability to influence the function and direction of the Society through participation in committees.
● Free access to digital copies of the ASGPP Journal of Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy.
● Access to The Psychodrama Network News (PNN), a publication shared with members three times a year.
● Monthly Tele’Gram and eblasts informing members about the activities of the society.
● Access to articles, books, and videos on the ASGPP website.
● Participation in a community of diverse practitioners who provide networking opportunities and processes for collaboration.
● Opportunity to build professional relationships with practitioners and organizations
● Opportunity to learn new applications for a diversity of populations and professions.